Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I have to tell you the story of this photo...


because it is one of my favorite memories of my wedding and I never want to forget it. It is a little embarrassing of a story, but if if you know me, I don't get embarrassed easily.

I seriously was not stressed at all in the days and nights before my wedding. I knew that things were going to go wrong, and they did like when the wrong flowers were sent three days before, and that was ok with me because I knew that at the end of the day I was marrying Todd. That was all that mattered to me. So while most brides might be losing sleep or dreaming of the horrid things that could happen, I was not. The day before my wedding I woke up from what at the time felt like the most amazing magical dream, while in real life it is kind of silly.

In my dream I was standing on this really tall building looking down into a courtyard of people. I decided in my dream that I should put on my wedding dress and show it off to everyone down below, because why not right?

Now, I loved my wedding dress. It was a dream of a wedding dress that cost $3,000 and I got it on sale for $200. I had not been looking at such big, poofy dresses because none of them were in my budget. This dress was a magical dress. When I went shopping with my mom and sisters for dresses it was the last dress from the clearance section I tried on. Nobody remembered pulling it and fit like a glove, but at 50% off, it still was not in my budget. So even though everyone thought it looked amazing on me, I didn't think too much of it. That was of course until the sales lady told us that all 50% off clearance dresses were $200 that day. I didn't want to take it off after that.

I felt like I was wearing a delicious, beautiful cupcake all day long.


So in my dream I decided that I need show this dress off. I remember so vividly  how I put my dress on and walked up to the rooftop of the tall building. I then put my arms out and started spinning around to show how gorgeous my dress was. The crowd in the courtyard down below immediately looked up. They started to gasp and all started to say "ohhh" and "ahhh" and I even heard "so lovely." I just spun and spun in my dress on the rooftop as everyone below watched. I felt so amazing and beautiful up there. It was an awesome dream to wake up to. Then I started to feel a little silly about it.

I of course had to share that story with the girls in my wedding party, we laughed about it all day while we did our pre-wedding getting prettified things. When my wedding day came and I slipped on my magical dress in unison all the girls started to go "oohhh, ahhhh, so lovely!" as I started spinning around. It was our little joke all day.

I have to say though, I felt as pretty in my dress that day as I did in my dream two nights before. It was such an incredible day, to say the least.

-Mrs.J

No comments:

Post a Comment