Friday, October 8, 2010

My Current Obsessions

-This Coffee
Well, really anything pumpkin-ish right now. Todd's mom bought us a Keurig coffee machine about a year ago. It is one of my favorite things in my whole house. I save so much money grabbing my own iced or hot coffee before I leave for work. Bonus, I don't waste a whole pot. I was at Kohls picking up some coffee when I saw this amazing, tasty treat. One week later and I am almost already out! I will be grabbing another box before we move on to more wintery flavors.






-This lip balm

C.O. Bigelow probably has some of the best lip balms and glosses. I like this one because as the air cools down, my lips require something a little more than just shine. This goes on like silk and leaves your lips with a yummy little lemon flavor. No chapped lips and perfect for kissing! Todd hates lip gloss with a passion. I specifically did not wear lip gloss on my wedding because otherwise he would have wiped his lips right after our big moment and totally ruined it.





-Getting Crafty
I know that it really isn't New Years Resolution time, but I am going to try and do more crafting this year instead of watching TV. This is my first attempt at headbands and it only cost me $1.29 to make. I am starting with cheap felt and when I get better at it, I am going to work with wool felt. Sometimes I just sit online and covet pictures of wool felt.
 Seriously, can't you just die looking at this? Since wool felt is more expensive, I am just going to hone my craft on regular felt for a while. Sigh, a girl can dream!







-This Pillow

As part of my new crafting hobby, I have become obsessed with craft blogs, which is where I found this happy little pillow. I am very excited to try and make this because it actually is super simple!










-My Newly Redecorated living room
Soon, I promise, I will get my house put back into order and show pictures of the whole thing. We seriously worked all the way up to Sunday night last weekend and I just have not had a chance to get my house back into order yet. The redecorating turned out incredible! With just a few changes, we were able to update the entire look of the house. It just feels so cozy. I can't wait to show it off.





-This Show
Is anyone else watching Sister Wives? Um, hello fascinating! The show is following the lives of the Browns, a family of polygamists in Utah. It is so interesting to watch the whole the family dynamic play out. The Browns are completely different from what we have seen recently in the media of polygamist families. It makes me laugh because I feel the wives actually like each other more than they do their husband! Sister Wives in on Sunday nights on TLC, if you want to check it out. I would hurry too since the Utah DA is doing an investigation of the family for felony bigamy, polygamy is illegal in Utah. There have been rumors the show might get cancelled depending on what the outcome of the investigation is. Get ya' drama while you can!

-This weather

I always feel so accomplished when I make it through another Arizona summer, almost like I am proving myself worthy to live in the gorgeous state. I guess 3 months of sweltering heat just makes it fair for how wonderful our weather is the other 9 months of the year. Todd and I slept with our windows open for the first night in probably forever and I got chilly! Luckily for me I have a built in heater that sleeps right next to me. Just a few seconds of snuggles and I am nice and warm. We are looking forward to smaller energy bills, coffee in the morning and dinner at night on our patio and just opening the windows in the evening to air out the house.



-Fall Comfort Food
 By the end of summer I am so tired of grilling that I dying to pull out some of my fall/winter recipes. Todd's favorite food I make is my chicken and dumplings, which just doesn't sound appealing in the summer. This was my first attempt at a chicken pot pie. It was super easy and super yummy!








What are some of your fall obsessions?


Until next time,



-Mrs.J





2 comments:

  1. My fall obsession is the Farmer's Market! Going to a Farmer's Market in the summer is nice, but fall is where it's at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post Heidi! I can't wait to get one of your snazzy felt headbands - So cute!

    ReplyDelete