Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy Two Months Hudson!

Has it really been two months since this bundle of joy blessed our lives with his presence? I tell Todd we are going to give Hudson a complex because I tell him all the time how perfect and wonderful he is. Luckily he still gets as excited with my babbling back to him as he does when I have real conversations with him, so I think we are ok telling him he can do no wrong for a little while a longer.

I have to say, month two of motherhood has been so much better than month one. For one thing, we have Hudson's reflux pretty much under control. Our pediatrician had us start Prevacid and it took about 9 days to really kick in, but once it did, it's like we had a whole new baby. We only get super fussy baby Hudson when he has a really big gas bubble in his tummy. I think it's because he so used to the pain coming along with the gas that he gets really tense and has a hard time burping it up.

It's amazing how much our little guy changed in one month too. One day I looked down at him and realized I didn't have a newborn anymore! It seemed over night he started really looking at us and recognizing us. It was so funny one day while nursing, Hudson pulled off and turned to look up at me and looked very surprised. It was like the first time he realized my boob was attached to me! Every morning we sit for about thirty minutes and just talk. He also gets excited when Todd gets home from work. 


Hudson's Two Month Stats:




We now weigh a whopping 9 pounds and 7 ounces, dropped down to the 2 percentile for weight.

He stands 23 inches long!!


Hudson's Two Month Highlights:



SMILING and COOING! He loves to smile when you talk to him and he loves to "talk" back to you. Sometimes he just really gets going and it is the cutest thing. I can have "conversations" with him for hours.



His first Super Bowl! Granted he spent most of it sleeping, I think he really enjoyed it. 

Dad did double duty of watching the game holding Hudson while I helped cook all our yummy snacks.



Speaking of Daddy holding Hudson, this is his favorite way for Todd to hold him. He loves to sit up and be able to look out around him. I think this particular photo they were watching Baseball Tonight together.



Napping! Hudson is getting much better at taking naps by himself. He usually has one very long morning nap and then sometimes a long afternoon nap, although it usually is more nap, nurse, repeat during the evenings. The kid loves his food.



Not freaking out during diaper changes! He used to scream when I would change his diaper, now for the most part he laughs and smiles during them. I think since he is getting a little meat on his bones, he is actually enjoying being naked. Now if he could only not have a breakdown when I take him out of the bathtub!



Trying to enjoy tummy time! We aren't there yet, Hudson prefers being held to anything, but I can get a few brief minutes of happy tummy time before the waterworks turn on.



Baby wearing! This is one of my favorites! Since Hudson is so clingy I had to do some kind of baby wearing. We bought the Moby Wrap and at first he didn't like it, but now we have the hang of it and he loves it. Usually he falls right asleep when I put him in it, but he also will just hang out while I do laundry or clean up the kitchen. So nice to have two hands and I love that his need of being held is met. I know there will be time when being held and snuggled by me is going to be last thing he wants to do so I remind myself to enjoy it while it lasts.



People say your baby seems to grow in a flash and I definitely understand what they mean. It seems like every day there is something new he is doing and learning. It's fun to see but also bittersweet knowing how fast this time is going to pass us.



-Mrs.J

No comments:

Post a Comment