Monday, September 27, 2010

The Snuggler

So as long as I can remember I have just looooved sleeping with people. Something about having someone next to you at night or in the room with you is just so calming. Even up until the 8th grade I would still pull my sleeping bag into my parent’s room and crash on their floor. (Sorry about that mom and dad, guess I am needy)
Todd and I didn’t live together before we got married, so the idea to me of having someone who you get to sleep and snuggle with every single night for the rest of your life was like winning the lottery! I mean, I have someone to talk to right before I go to bed and someone to wrap a bear hug around int the middle of the night even when they are sleeping peacefully. SCORE!
However, it is taking some adjustments to get a good nights sleep…for Todd. I am just so excited that he is there I just close my eyes and blissfully fall into dreamland. Apparently my dreamland for Todd is more like a WWII battlefield. Here are few things that Todd has had to become accustomed.
1) The Cats
I guess they discovered that I don’t give them much attention when I am sleeping. I actually hide from them under the covers at night when they jump on the bed. I know better than to fall prey to their evil but adorable cat ways. Todd was so sweet and blinded by their ridiculously cute faces that he made the poor choice of waking up a little at night to pet them. Now this image is a nightly occurance…but with two cats.
2) The Alligator Death Roll
This what Todd calls it when I tightly tuck the covers under my arm and proceed to roll over and over and over until I am nice and cozy, blissfully mummified in the covers and he has a corner of sheet left.
3) The Shadow
If I have not death-rolled the covers away, it is probably because I have cornered Todd onto his side of the bed and he is trying with all his might to not fall off . I can’t help it. Sometimes my subconscious just remembers how much I like him and we have to get as close as possible to him at that very moment! He once said we should have purchased a king-size bed to keep this little issue from  happening. I told him it wouldn’t matter, we would have this huge mattress and I would have him corralled into a sleeping area the size of twin bed.
4) The Incenorator
If you know Todd, you know his internal body temperature runs at least 10 degrees hotter that any other human being. This means too many times me trying to snuggle him and sending him into a heat stroke because my leg is on him. Unfortunately for him there is no escaping my bear hug at night. I usually move away when begins to sweat profusely.
I have also committed the following sleeping sins: Waking up and yanking his pillow out from under his head, even though I already had two. Smacking his face in the middle of the night. Becoming congested, snoring, and then blaming it on him.
Isn’t co-sleeping fun?!?!?
Happy Friday everyone!
-Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment