Monday, September 27, 2010

Getting to Know You

So last night Todd and I both learned something new about each other. We have been a couple for five years and last night discovered that both of us have a love for Ginger Ale!


Now this may not seem like that big of a deal, but I thought I knew everything about him. I thought his favorite drink (which it is) was Pepsi and I though he probably would think Ginger Ale was gross so I never bought it when went shopping. Well this week I came down with an allergy induced cold and my sweet husband was nice enough to stop Walgreens and get some heavy duty decongestant for me.  I had only been drinking water and was craving something a little carbonated but not too sweet and Ginger Ale just sounded like it would hit the spot. When he got home with my meds and the soda, Todd took one out and told me how much he loved Ginger Ale. He just never got it because he didn’t think I liked it.
I know it probably is a silly little thing, but I was just so amazed that there were still things about him I am learning. I think when you get so far into a relationship, sometimes you forget to keep getting to know that person. I am going to really enjoy when we have been married for 20 years and I am still finding out little things about him.
What is something you found out about your significant other that you never knew that surprised you?

No comments:

Post a Comment