Monday, September 27, 2010

We Are Moving...


blogs...that is. Gotcha!

Remember how I have been saying all along that Wordpress is where it is at because of the stats and all the goodies? Well I have been having major blogger's envy over how cute some blogs on the "New Blogger!" are. I had to jump ship and make my own cute little blog. So I packed up the old blog posts and copy/pasted those suckers right on over to Blogger.

So now that I have your attention I guess I should give you a little more material than the obvious fact that you are no longer on Wordpress reading this! I have a lot of things stewing in my mind I want to blog about. I seriously need to get my b-u-t-t in motion and write stuff down. I am also trying my hand at photo editing though, so I am working on editing the photos from this past week to put on the blog. I guess there are a couple things I have been writing about the blog that could use an update.

1) Our cat's butt

Tuesday will be our LAST day of the Giardia treatment for Scioscia and I am saying my prayers double time that God will bless our cat with a leak-free rear end. So far, everything is nice and dry. We are so ready to be done having to give her medicine. This poor kitty has pretty much been poked, prodded, pill-popped, snot sucked and liquid shot since we got her. Her first problem was this constant sneezing that came along with a stuffy nose. Two vet visits and one anitibiotic treatment later, we find out it is just seasonal allergies. Which apparently means the only season she won't be sneezy is Summer because as soon as fall came so did her allergies. Once the allergies cleared up, we noticed the leaky bum and as you know that has been a thorn in my side for a while now. Let me tell you this, if you want to know how your spouse is going to be as a parent, get a pet. When it comes to kitty health care I take a "grab em' and get it done" approach while Todd takes the "maybe if I talk to them nicely and follow them around for 10 minuets they will just open their mouths and let me put the medicine in." Scioscia has a little bit of a complex when it comes to medicines, so Todd's approach does not go very well. I love the man with the power of a million burning suns, but this is just one thing he can't do very well.

2) No Spend September

We are almost done with September and really it wasn't that bad. It went over so well that we might just have a No Spend October and November and December. (I will just take this time to say I hate property taxes and car registration.) I probably noticed the not-spending the most when it came to our eating out, which is probably ok because that brings me to...

3) Our Workout

Yeah, so about that. Summer is hot in Phoenix, you know? It is hard to want to workout when it is 115 outside. Todd made a deal with me, if I can workout 3 times a week at our community complex for 3 months, I can get a gym membership with my sister Katie! I am very excited about this because I don't really like working out at the complex. There are only 2 treadmills and about 15 people waiting to use them at 5 pm. Katie also is fun to hang out with, so that is another driving factor. I read in an interview that Christina Aguilera once said her weight gain when she got engaged/married was "love chub." Girl, I get it! I really want to just get healthy again. I know that in probably under 2 years Todd and I are going to start family and I figure if I can get my body into great shape now, it will be easier to get pregnant, go through labor and then get back in shape afterwards. This week is my starting off point. I have to make it 3 times a week for October, November and December then a gym membership is mine! Just in time for all those New Year's Resolutions, I might just get a killer deal on it and you know how I love me some deals!

Well I guess that is all I needed to update right now. I am going to start making myself blog a lot more. I started House of Jaramillo as sort of documentation of what our first years were like. I want to look back at this when I am 70 and laugh at what our life used to be like.

Thanks for helping us move,
-Mrs.J

No comments:

Post a Comment