Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Gleekin' Out


If you don't know I am OBSESSED with Glee. From the moment I watched the series premiere I knew it was meant to be. This show is A-mazing.






I think if you did chorus in high school, this show tugs at your heart strings. Even though when I did choir my junior and senior year of high school there was not that much drama involved, it still brings back memories. Must be the same reason I love High School Musical so much.

Anyways last week was the season premiere of Glee and I knew I had to something special to commemorate this occasion. So I invited some of my nearest and dearest over for Glee Party 2010.

I made us wonderful Glee style "hats" for the occasions and put together a Nacho Bar. Let me tell you this, a Nacho Bar is a great way to do food when you are throwing a party. Everything can be thrown together really quickly and doesn't break the bank.

I warmed up some nacho cheese in the crock pot, made some beef with taco seasoning and then set out all the fixings.


Don't they just look yummy? This was my sister Laura's creation. She is a wonderful Nacho maker.

Some of my best friends came over to enjoy the party.


Have you met my neighbors Nick and Sarah? If not you should because they pretty much are the most ballest neighbors anyone could have. It is really fun living next to couple who is your age.


This my friend Jessica and my sister Katie showing off the blue "slushees" we made for the party. Really they were just Pina Coladas with blue food coloring, but I don't think anyone was complaining!

This little gem in the photo with me is Randi. She seriously is like sunshine. If you are having a bad day, one call to Randi can turn your frown upside down.
 Finally the Mr. and Mrs. Todd was very good and wore his Glee hat all night long. I am so thankful that he indulges in some of my ideas. I could never have married a fuddy-duddie. He is never too cool for school and for that I am thankful.
After dinner we all sat down to watch the show, which was awesome. I had made some "Fauxstess Cupcakes" for desert. I didn't take any pictures because even though they tasted incredible, they didn't look as cute as I was hoping for. It was my first time making a ganache and it never really hardened since the temperature was still probably around 80 degrees in my house. I will make them again when it cools down and hopefully the finished product will come out looking better.
Here is what they were supposed to look like.

And here is the blog I got the recipe from. However, I did switch up the filling. I used the filling from an Oatmeal Pie recipe I make. It was much easier and I really love marshmallow so you can't go wrong.

All in all it was wonderful night with some wonderful people. We dined, drank and laughed the night away. I feel so very blessed for the people that I have in my life. Even the girls got in on the excitement of the Glee season premier. Honestly though, would it be a House of Jaramillo blog if I didn't mention my cats?


Nunu probably supports Vocal Adrenaline and was not wanting to be support the New Directions Glee Club.



and Scioscia just wanted to make sure she wasn't missing anything.

Don't forget all your Gleeks, the Brittany episode is one tonight!!!

-Mrs.J

No comments:

Post a Comment