Monday, September 27, 2010

Product Review aka don’t waste your time or money

So remember all of that hard work we put into our backyard a few months ago? The whole day we spend digging, planting, watering and basically dying in the heat? You remember, the day we gave our mothers of gift of doing manual labor for Mothers Day! Remember how excited I was for our new backyard, to sit and enjoy the trees and grass? I must have been confused when I asked for grass because all we have right now is a lovely area of dirt encompassed by a lawn border.


I am telling you now, do not waste your money on this product. It does nothing that it said it would.
We chose EZ Seed because at the time it seemed like a better bang for our buck. The heat had already started to descend on Phoenix and this was supposed to grow in harsh climates with little water. We even called the 1-800 number to ask how best to plant the grass. Then we watered according to the package. For a bout 2 weeks straight we went out every day to check for signs of little grown. After about one month we started to see happy little blades of grass poking up…but only in one spot…and then they died. Don’t ask me how, but now there is lush grass growing OUTSIDE of the dirt lawn area!!! I wouldn’t even give this stuff 1 star. It was a waste of money and we ended up missing our window to plant grass.
Now let me just say that even though this product caused many a days of hair-pulling, I really was impressed with the company Scotts itself.  We decided at the very last minuet to pull the empty seed bags out of the trash and cut the proof of purchase off, just in case it didn’t grow. Scotts claimed to have a “no quibble” guarantee, and after spending $160 on the seed we didn’t want to take any chances. When the only grass that had grown started to die, Todd was promptly on the phone with Scotts. They were 100% true to their word and said to just send in the barcodes and they would process us a check. We got our rebate in the mail this week. Even though I would never buy EZ Seed again, I would absolutely buy from Scotts again. I give their company 4 stars for giving us our money back and being nice about it!
Summer if officially here in Arizona, 111 degrees is not conducive to growing grass and I don’t want to put in sod since we would have to just tear it up when we put in a pool (hopefully) this year. I guess it is a dirt oasis at House of Jaramillo for a little longer. Call us wishful thinkers, we still faithfully water our little patch of dead grass everyday. I need a miracle of biblical proportions!
-Mrs.J

No comments:

Post a Comment