Monday, September 27, 2010

Welcome to our world

So I have been meaning to start a little newlywed blog for a while. I think it is going to be great way to keep our friends and family informed in what is going on in our life, but I also know I will love to look back and read these little nuggets about our life when we first started out.
So maybe I am a couple months late. Juggling my roles as wife, student, employee, sister, daughter, intern and friend is a little tricky. I think I am finally getting it all under control, but I am very much ready to drop my roll of student!
So if you are new let me give you the 4-1-1 on the Mr. and myself.
Todd and I met in 2005 in the little bodunk town of Lamoni, Iowa. We both were attending the private school Graceland University at the time. I saw him from across a the lawn and was immediately smitten. It took a little longer to realize how much he was smitten by me, but my persistence paid off. We spent the whole year together enjoying out time without putting any labels on what we were doing. Todd was graduating that year and heading back to California and didn’t think he wanted to do a long distance relationship. I took a class in the history of media and decided journalism would be my major, but Graceland didn’t offer it so decided to transfer to ASU. At the end of the year we tearfully said an uncertain goodbye as he went back to Southern California and I took off to a new adventure in Arizona.
It took about two weeks to realize how amazing our time had been and that we were a great pair. We dated long distance for about 2 years before we got engaged. Todd moved out to Arizona to be with me in 2008 and in January 2010 we made it official!
We didn’t live together prior to getting married, so this has been a new adventure to both of us. Stay tuned for our wacky adventure of marriage and life in House of the Jaramillo’s.
-Heidi J.

No comments:

Post a Comment